MARQUES DE RISCAL HOTEL, ELCIEGO
Design Architect: Frank O. Gehry
Arenisca Beige Pinar sandstone linking with old buildings and lined with metal.
- 1750 Square meters of stainless steel
- 1800 Sqm od colored titanium
- 3180 Sqm of canopys (overhangs) as metallic visors to prevent direct insolation
- 1200 Sqm of curtain walls.
The arenisca Beige Pinar is a siliceous sandstone with a high percentage of quartz in its composition (96%), with a golden tone and medium grain.
This work is very known by the use given to the stone and by its placement system:
- 550 Sqm of exterior pavements on terraces, format 80x60x5 cm, on adjustable plastic supports.
- 270 Sqm of interior flooring, hotel reception, format 80x60x3 cm, glued with cement on a concrete floor.
- 1050 Sqm of exterior pavements, urban development outside the hotel, 80x60x4 cm format, glued with cement on a concrete floor.
- 300 Lineal meters of copings in formats 80x40x4 cm, sitting on cement mortar.
- 2700 Sqm of cladding in façades, format 80x60x3 cm, ventilated façade with adjustable point anchorage.
- 330 Sqm of cladding in inclined walls, format 80x60x3 cm, ventilated façade with anchorage on profiles.
Spanish sandstone for a work of art known for its architecture all around the world.